Books by Mail is a library service offered to communities where there is no public library within 24 KM (15 Miles) of where a person lives in the province.
The Books by Mail service is offered throughout the province. For further information, please call the following number for your corresponding region:
- Central Newfoundland: (709) 651 - 5351
- Western Newfoundland and Labrador: (709) 634 - 7333
Contact a Library to find out if your community qualifies!
Things to Remember
- In order to use the Books by Mail Service, you must be a registered library user.
- Books must be returned at the end of the loan period.
- If you lose or damage a book, you are responsible for the replacement costs.
- The bulk of books supplied are paperbacks.
- You may be asked to pay the insurance costs for rare or special titles we obtain for you on Interlibrary Loan.
How to Register
Please contact the nearest Division Office to register for the Books by Mail service.