Disney Digital Books are Now Available!
This collection of over 650 titles includes books for a wide variety of ages that feature both classic and new Disney characters. You can access these titles through the NLPL eLibrary with your library card and enjoy directly from your computer- available anytime, anywhere!
Disney Digital Books are interactive. Some books will read the text to you, others feature trivia games as you proceed through the title. All Disney Digital Books feature a built-in dictionary that will pronounce and give the definition of a word when clicked.
Disney Digital Books work differently than other eBooks offered through OverDrive. Instead of being downloaded, they are viewed within your computer's web browser making them available on your Library's Public Access Computers! Disney Digital Books are available for use on both PCs and Mac computers and are always available, you do not have to place holds on them and they can be checked out at any time!
How to Enjoy Disney Digital Books
- Visit the collection of Disney Online Books.
- Browse and check out a title.
- Click the 'Launch' button. This opens the Disney Online Book.
- Finished reading? You may close the book at any time. Visit Items Out to re-open a Disney Online Book that you currently have checked out.
Use the magic pen (your mouse) to...
- Turn pages. Click near the top of the page and drag, just like turning a page in a real book.
- Hear words pronounced. Click on a word to hear it out loud.
- Find definitions. Click the dictionary at the top of the page to look up a definition.
- Disney Digital Book checkouts do count towards your 5-item eLibrary checkout limit.
- Disney Digital Books will expire at the end of the borrowing period; currently Disney Digital Books cannot be returned early.
- Disney Digital Books are for use on desktop computers only and cannot be downloaded to an eReader or other portable device.